Website Ontario Power Generation Inc.
Status: Temporary 12-month contract
Education Level: Grade 10 or equivalent
Deadline to Apply: April 29, 2021
BE THE GENERATION to challenge and change.
At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about us that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship. We operate a diverse portfolio of generation assets including nuclear, hydroelectric, biomass and solar, and offer challenging and unique work opportunities. BE THE GENERATION to power tomorrow.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is looking for a results-driven team players to join our organization on a 12-month temporary basis in the role of General Tradesperson – Custodial to service the our 800 Kipling location located in Etobicoke, ON.
The General Tradesperson is primarily responsible for performing custodial and caretaker maintenance work inside and outside of our facility. The position is also responsible for enhanced cleaning protocols as a part of OPG’s response to COVID-19 safety. This includes increased regular commercial space cleaning and touchpoint cleaning.
The required shifts are afternoon / evenings, specifically: Monday to Friday 3:30 PM-11:30 PM.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to Ontario Power Generation’s continued growth and success in being Ontario’s low cost electricity generator of choice.
- Carry out regular housekeeping and janitorial tasks
- Stock storerooms and maintain supplies.
- Maintain and care-take facility grounds
- Accountable for the health, safety and well-being of self and others, in accordance with procedures and standards.
- Minimum of Grade 10 education
- 3+ years of maintenance/janitorial or custodial experience, ideally in an industrial environment;
- Basic understanding of construction and carpentry practices/knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work inside or outside (in all types of weather)
- Able to work alone or as a collaborative team player;
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills;
- Positive, professional and enthusiastic demeanor;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment (ability to lift up to 50lbs);
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, Ontario Power Generation (OPG) offers an exciting combination of challenging opportunities and career diversity in a work environment where safety is a fundamental value. Being an OPG employee means you can apply your knowledge, broaden your skills and make a valuable contribution to an organization that is vital to Ontario's success.
At OPG our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change. Safety. Integrity. Excellence. People and Citizenship.
Here's why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
- Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
- Long-term career growth and development opportunities
- Electricity is vital to the province
If you are looking to learn from others and be part of something important, and you are excited about the future of power generation, you will find the right fit at OPG.
Our promise to you
- We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
- A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
- Opportunities to stretch and develop in our diverse lines of business.
- Provide spaces for innovative thinking and solutions,
- Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
- We support employment equity and diversity.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., April 29,2021. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.
If you require technical support in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@opg.com